Question
Posted by: dunno | 2004/10/24

Water and weight?

I just want to know if there is a limit of drinking water a day. Well I drink 2liters+ a day, and i'm trying to lose a few kilos for summer- and recently saw somewhere the loss weight you have to get water out of your body. Is this only the fog/mist in your body that they say is water, because I read in a Health magazine that the first 1-3kilos you loose in a diet is the trapped fog in your body?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Dear Dunno,

drinking about 2 litres of water per day is a healthy amount. For further information on weight loss please contact our DietDoc here at Health24