Question
Posted by: jane | 2004/10/29

water

i finish 1,5 ltrs of water first thing in the morning & about 10 glasses during the day
is there such a thing as too much water?
am i consuming too much & how much is necessary ?

Hi Jane

Absolutely, there is such a thing as overdrinking. I can't say for sure that you are drinking too much, but I am amazed that you can even finish 1.5 liters at once. As for 10 glasses, that's also a huge volume to drink. I really do think that if you were to cut back and drink as you feel, nothing would happen. So, in your case, you are probably lucky that you can drink this much without getting sick and bloated, and also that it's spread out over a day. There are cases of people drinking water during exercise especially and overdoing it and it has even resulted in deaths.

As for how much is necessary, how ever much your body wants, is the answer and if you listen to your body, you can't go wrong, and just drinking when thirsty is probably the best advice I can give you