Question
Posted by: Matthew | 2005/06/18

Watching on the outskirts

I feel sometimes like I'm extremely distant from other people. I stand outside a situation and look at people and admire the way they behave or loathe it. I do this all the time and feel like I'm never gonna fit in somewhere. It's kinda funny and surreal, kinda scary too. Feel very different. Why are they laughing, why are they doing this and that??
And when I am confronted I go into a panic and i'm distraught and wondering I must say to the person. What do they want me to say?? hehe
I wish I actually could be like them and just sort of enjoy the party, or are they pretending. I swear, I have no idea.
Maybe one day, I'll be just like you and just mingle with the crowds. Wish I knew how to do it, and where to learn.
Oh well.... :)

More people feel this way than you realize. But it can be disfunctional at times, and then counselling can be the best way to sort it out.

1
Posted by: red rose | 2005/06/19

i think once and for all you should grow up and start neglecting and ignoring what others are doing, whi they are doing it or what they want you to do/say...

i had a similar problem when i was younger now i am 21 years and i used to behave in relation to the expectations of others... then one morning i realised that i was not living my life to the full...i remember i had 13 years then and started freeing myself little by little... you are a citizen of the world dear matthew and you have to start living your life....we have only one life and we have to live it to the full with its limits, feedoms, happy moments and sad moments... remember that other people might be reciting, they may have other problems... try not to copy them, try to be yourself...

GOOD LUCK

Reply to red rose