Question
Posted by: Temba | 2007/05/25

washing for my girl - less of a man?

My friend found me doing the washing last weekend.i was also washing my live in girlfriend's clothes because she was out of town.and i knew that when she came back she would be tired and therefore she wouln't have time to wash.

My friend still blames me to this very day.he says that i'm less of a man.

I don't regret what i did i would infact do it again actually. because i love her and i think that is all being a caring and a considerate man is all about.

You are absolutely right, Temba --- in fact, it is your friend who is significantly less of a man, for having such a fragile sense of masculinity that he fears doing anything practical and caring. Poor fellow !

5
Posted by: Qc | 2007/05/26

If I came home from a trip to find that my man had done the washing, I'd be so pleased at his thoutfulness. And then we'd have have more time and energy for some real welcome-home fun!

Reply to Qc
Posted by: suzie | 2007/05/25

You're the man

Reply to suzie
Posted by: Orie | 2007/05/25

In the African communities, a man who does chores associated with a woman's role is considered less of a man . But in this day in time , people's mentalities are shifting , they are now aware that women can be breadwinners. That is a view entranched mostly in the most rural areas of our societies, I think that your friend should be someone from this generation and he should no better than stereotype people according to what they do . Many men do that but I know most of African men who would not go out and hang the wash ( for fear of the community ) . They'd rather wash the clothes indoors and get someone to go hang them. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with what you did

Reply to Orie
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/25

Wow! Can't there be more men like you!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: RMC | 2007/05/25

You rock, Themba! And trust me, your girl will show her appreciation in many ways! You're da man!

Reply to RMC