Question
Posted by: Karen | 2004/11/23

Was this a migraine?

On Sunday I awoke with a mild headache. I don't like to take tablets so I left it and hoped it would ease on it's own.

By 14:00 it was becoming more painful so i took a couple of over the counter aspirins. By 19:00 my head was really sore so I went to bed. Once I lay down it seemed to ease and I fell asleep. I awoke at 23:00 in absolute agony. The pain was washing over me in waves and I had to get out of bed because my legs kept jerking and i was annoying my partner. The pain was not consistant but rather like waves, I could almost hold my breath in between and pray for the pain to wash over. In between I had the most vivid 'dreams'. I evenutally fell asleep and awoke yesterday morning feeling exhausted.

I didn't go to work and stayed in bed for most of the day, whe I got up yesterday afternoon, I had a mild headache and felt very lethargic and could not remember where I had put things.

I am at work today but I am still not 100%.

The only thing I drank on Sunday which I don't usually was a new brand of cola with lemon in, could that have triggered the attack?

Karen, it doesn’t sounds like a typical migraine, but it might have been a form of migraine. If you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za I’ll send you something I wrote on migraine. If it happens again the best would be to see your doctor or a neurologist. Good luck.