Posted by: ND | 2007/04/10

Wart problem

A podiatrist diagnosed a wart under my foot. It has been treated a number of times with acid, twice with dry ice, the doctor cut it out and the last time it was taken out by the Podiatrist under general anaesthetic. I now have another very painful thing left on my foot (which looks like a wart) but the Podiatrist says it is only scar tissue. I am unable to walk properly due to this and I also experience a burning sensation which runs right down to my toes. This has all been going on for over a year now - please can you help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

The ugly truth is that it PROBABLY is scar tissue, you need to ask the podiatrist to assisit by referring you to a dermatologist for cortisone injections into the scarring you can also try innersoles to off load the area, massage the scar daily to soften the scar use elastoplast scar plasters. There is still a lot you can try. It must be remembered that there were many treatments on a small area and scarring was part of the result, what you now need to do is manage the scar

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.