Question
Posted by: worried? | 2007/03/15

wart or cancerous

dear cd

i had warts on my vingers and knees as 'n child and it gradually left me by 12/13 years of age. I am 22 now and all of a sudden two appeared on my one knee. is this cause for concern?

thought it might be a compromised immune system (mainly due to stress) but realised that it might be something else. i had a lot of sun exposure as a child and several moles on my back... what are the signs for skin cancer, because i can't check up on my back?

thanks so much

Dear Worried
Moles can develop into skin cancer. Warts won't. You can ask your GP to freeze the wart for you and check your back for dangerous moles at the same consultation.