Question
Posted by: SillyWilly | 2008/01/10

Wart

I have been with my wife almost 3 years. During this time I have never been unfaithful. However, about 4 months ago I developed a tiny wart on the shaft of my penis about midway up on the top side (not the tip, the shaft). My question is, how long could a genital wart be "dormant" before it raises its ugly head so to speak, what are the chances that it could be a genital wart (taking my fidelity into consideration) and is there any cream I can buy at he chemist to try and get rid of it? I am not keen on drop my pants for the doc!

Dear SillyWilly
Warts are caused by viruses and you can inadvertently infect yourself if your hands were contaminated i.e. in a public bathroom. Please let your doctor manage this for you - the penis skin is of the most sensitive skin in the body and some ointments can cause severe burning and irritation. Best to freeze this off and get it over with!