Question
Posted by: AMY | 2007/06/11

WARM BATH!!!

I am currently 22w pregnant and took a warm bath for the first time. I was sooo cold and tired. When I got out my heart was beating so fast that it felt like bouncing out of my body.

Could I have harmed my baby in any way???

No you definitely did not harm your baby. Your body response to lying in awarm bath for long is vasodilatation and once you gat up you may have caused pooling of venous blood in your legs therfore decreasing central blood volume. Your heart responds by increasing your heart rate to compensate for less blood centrally in your body. Babies are MUCH tougher than you think!