Question
Posted by: Simon | 2003/12/08

Wanto increase in weight

I am 173cm/ 70kgs.
Gym weekdays 5am-6am
Weight training one week/ Swim cycle alternate weeks.
Breakfast is Vector Bran with water and sugar
During the day fruit only(3 large apples, 5 bananas)
Dinner no later than 6:30PM fried chicked with skin, salad and baked potatoe.

I want to show a six pack and seems like it wants to come out. But I also do not want to loose weight as I feel I am already too light an would actually like to pick up 10KGS. I tried supplements for weight gain. No weight gain. Please can you advise what I am lacking it my diet.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Simon,

Your diet is a little low on protein.

2
Posted by: Jacqui - sport Nutrition | 2003/12/10

Hi Simon,

I see I cut off half my answer. A total increase in food intake would definately help. Regular small meals also help.
I estimate that you need about 14 000 kilojoules per day. this should be made up of 460 grams low glycemic carbs, 70 grams of fat (stick to the good unsaturated type) and about 150 to 190 grams protein. In order to get this level of nutrition you may need to use a few shakes during the day.

Also maybe check it out with your doctor if you are finding putting on muscle hard.

Reply to Jacqui - sport Nutrition
Posted by: Jacqueline | 2003/12/08

Dear Simon

I am specializing in sports nutrition. I may have a solution to your problem. Please don't hesitate to contact me for further information.

Kind Regards
Jacqueline Engelbrecht
edecon@mweb.co.za

Reply to Jacqueline