Posted by: sweets2606 | 2005/11/22

Wanting Multiples

Hi. I would like to know whether there is some medication that one can take to try & conceive twins, etc?? Would Clomid help with this?? Thank you. Kind Regards.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Sweets 2606

The question of multiples is one that requires serious consideration. It may be exciting to have twins but it could be problematic when the numbers are more than two. The use of any ovulation induction agents, i.e CLOMID or equavilent, or the use of injectables, can lead to multiple pregnancies. However, I would advise against the indiscriminate use of such medication since they are not without complications. Such therapy is best undertaken at a fertility centre.
Should you lend up with a multiple pregnancy in excess of two; ie triplets or even quads, it is possible, though not favoured, to do what is called selective fetal reduction. This is done at between 10-12 weeks of pregnancy. Selected fetal reduction poses numeral ethical issues and I would strongly ask you to refrain from getting into such a situation.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.