Question
Posted by: Disturbed | 2005/06/29

Wanting a child

We have sex unprotected somtimes 3 times a day for about 3 days a week, I am 17 and hes only 20 so their souldent be a problem with furtillity.. and we have been trying for about 3 months now .. why am i not pregnant!? is their nanything i can eat to help it?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

as this is a medical issue please contact our CyberDoc or GynaeDoc here at Health24.

From my point of view I am wondering why you want to have a child at sucha young age though? Have you completed school? Will the two of you be able to financially support a child? Before you go ahead with this please think carefully about why you want a child, and also think about the child's needs. Sometimes people 'want' children without having the ability to care for them properly - which leads to major problems later in the childs life. So before having a child - think of a childs needs and not just what you want.

2
Posted by: Disturbed | 2005/06/30

We have a house and he earns big money, I also work, I finnished school about 2 years ago, Every since time i see a child I get all mooshy and he always say to me how much he would love a family with me and that just makes me want one more! but we are not married.

Reply to Disturbed
Posted by: flower | 2005/06/29

Why on earth would you want a child at 17? Can you afford a child, can you fork out R2500 a month just for the childs basic needs, can you pay for your hospital bill, can you pay R1000 a month on school fees, what if your child has special needs, could you cope with that?

whats the rush? Are you even married yet?

Reply to flower