Question
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/24

Want to strangle boy next door!

Me and baby moved to another place, it's the perfect little house with a huge garden for my boy to play in and it's a house to really feel comfortable in. The boy next door started coming over when I came home for lunch and after work. When I want some time alone with my son he is always there and takes that time away from me. One night he was on his way to the street (I think on purpose) and my son followed him. I told him not to go to the streets and not to lead my son to the streets ever again without an adult. The next night he tried it again, I just grabbed my son and went into the house and shut the door behind me. The garden services comes every week and just after they leave, the boy comes and ruin the ground in the garden just infront of my house where it actually must look neat for when people wants to come visit and he picks all my flowers in that specific garden. If I forgot something outside he plays with it and he broke my son's little train the other day. At first I didn't mind him coming over to play, but geez, this is getting too much! I know that he is lonely, but I want some time alone with my son. Now I just tell my son to wave at the boy and say "tatta" and then we go inside. But then we have to stay in the house, because if I play with my boy outside the boy next door will take over. I don't mind him coming over 2 or 3 times a week, but not everyday! How do I keep him out of my garden when I'm not there, because I pay for the garden services to make my garden look neat. I don't want to be mean to the little boy and I don't want to start a fight with his mother because she seems really nice, so what the hell do I do. I can't help it, but I can't stand to even see the boy's face anymore. He reminds me of Dennis the menace. I just need time to settle in our new house and spend enough time with my son. Every day he comes there and my son follows him wherever he goes and then I have to sit there and watch them all the time, because I don't trust the little menace! I even thought of throwing drawing pins into the garden, but like I always say, spiteful people spite themselves. I just don't like the kid...

You don't mention this brat's age, but endangering your child, trespassing and breaking things is not acceptable ---no need to start a fight with his mother, but discuss it with her --- why does she leave him free to roam and make a nuisance of himself ? Sounds like he could be left on his own too much, and could be lonely --- that's not your problem, but one his parents might like to find a different way to deal with

1
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/24

Visit 'Dennis's' folks and tell them about your q-time that you'd like to spend with your son. I'm sure they'll control the boys ins and outs if they're aware of it. Right now they are just letting their boy play outside and might not be aware of the inconvenience he's causing the neighbours, being you!

Reply to Joy