Question
Posted by: ck | 2006/10/28

want to stop periods again

Hi, I was on the Depo Provera for about four years, & I never had my periods anymore. Now my clinic substitued the depo with a new injection called Petogen. All of a sudden I start having irregular periods again, & then sometimes heavy, & it would last longer than 7 days. The clinic sister gave me some pills which stopped the periods, but after one week it started again. Could this be due to the new injection I take? What can I do to stop my periods completely again? I got used to not having them, & it suited me fine, please help!

Petogen and Depo provera are the same thing so the change should not cause your heavy periods. I would suggest that you have a gynae check-up.