Question
Posted by: Kosie | 2005/07/18

Want to start!

What must u do if u wanna start playing golf? What is the correct way of starting? How do I join a club? Where can I practise where can I buy clubs? Is Saterdays just for experienced club members to play at clubs? I've been watching the British Open and would love to start playing just for fun and to relax!!!!

Expert ImageArchive

Kosie

Normally the best way to start playing is to get a combined set of clubs that includes (Irons, Woods, Putter and a bag) and then go to the driving range first. You can get a set that will last a few years for approx. R1500

Once you can hit the ball basically everytime, then you should find a "Mashie" golf course [9 hole golf course - a lot of driving ranges have short wedge courses]. Playing straight away on a "Full Course" could be very frustrating and want to cause you to stop before you have started.

You are able to practice at any driving range that is open to the public (most ranges), these ranges can be found on the website www.g-i.co.za

Saturdays are normally kept aside for the members at golf clubs, and you must have a handicap to play at a golf club on Saturdays.

To get a handicap without joining a club, go to www.handicap.co.za and you join to get reduced rates on golf courses - hope this helps

1
Posted by: Kosie | 2005/07/19

Where the fukc is the GOLF COACH!!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?

Reply to Kosie