Question
Posted by: V | 2004/11/15

Want to remember

I have done things in my past that I can't remember. Who do I need to see to help me remember all these things?

Don't. If you don't remember these things, how on earth do you know you did any ? There are absolutely NO cues in symptoms or behaviour which reveal that one did or was victim to any specifically nasty deeds, so you can't know there is anything to remember. Human memory is much less complete and more faulty than people imagine. Secondly, even if there were some things you did in the past, good or bad, there qwould be no point in trying to remember them, as there is not a shred of evidence that "remembering" such past events is of any value to you whatever.
Thirdly, only quacks would offer to help you remember past events and deeds of the sort you seem to be wanting to find, and their therapeutic methods, including hypnosis and other exercises, are of no benefit and considerable risk, apart from having a very high risk of helping you to "remember" whatever you or the helper expect, even if such things never actually happened at all.
So forget about whatever you think it is you can't remember ! If you have no particular curent problems, just get on with your life. If you have any particular current problems, see a normal psychiatrist for a proper assessment and advice, based on that, about what treatments might help you. Remembering the past isn't likely to be recommended.