Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2007/04/18

Want to relax

HI doc

I have been married and sexually active for the past 2 years. I have in the past 2 months or so had sharp pains - not major intense in the lower right area of my abdoman. This pain comes and goes and is worse about 1 week before i mentruate.

My menstration has over the past 4 months been EXTREMELY light. I did go to the gynea 1,5 months ago and everything was 'normal' - no cysts etc. He changed me from Yasmin to Mirelle

I then went to my GP who said it was IBS. I was stressed at the time and do suffer from IBS so I thought that this was true.

But now, I am not stressed and IBS is under control and the pain is back (just over a week before my next period). I have been menstruating for about 10years and have never experienced this kind of pain.

The last time my hubby and i were intimate, I noticed blood - not a lot but I also had burning sensation down under.

No bladder infection was detected at the GP and Gynea.

Please help - I would like to stop taking the pill in 2 months or so because we would like to start trying for a family and I am so scared that something is wrong with me,

I cannot make a diagnosis without an examination. You have had some tests and had some things excluded. I would suggest that you go back to your gynaecologist to investigate further.