Question
Posted by: Lauren | 2007/03/22

Want to maintain weight

I've reached my goal of 65kg and am 1.77cm tall. I would not like to regain the weight I've lost but am not sure how many calories a day I can comsume to maintain my weight.

Can you tell me if my logic is correct?

I have a BMR of 1482 calories. I exercise 4 times a week at gym for 40 mins which gives me a moderate activitu level so I'm allowed an extra 780 calories 4 days a week, and say 486 for 3 days a week for the days I don't exercise (these gigures are from a diet book)?

So on the days I exercise I'm allowed 1482+780 calories? Is this right?

Thanks!

Dear Lauren
The BMI you have reached of 20,8 is lower than the ideal of 22 for which you would weigh 68 kg, so you can certainly ingest 2 200 cal a day.