Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2004/10/25

Want to lose 3.5kg.

I am wanting to lose 3.5kg and find it so difficult, thinking of joining weigh-less but it would be a waste of money, having so little to loose. My current diet is as such: Porrige in the morning, a fruit at 10:00am, or yoghurt, provita's and chedder cheese at lunch or white bread or salad consisting of lettuce tomatoe cucumber pineapple boiled egg. Supper - often have lots of red meat: sausage, chops, steak, mince, chicken once a week, I use oil for most of my foods and sometimes eat bread with my supper, seldom have salads with my supper. A friend has recommended that I eat before 7pm at night cause that is what weigh-less advises, does it help and do I have to? I also like to have a coffee and biscuit at 9pm. I am not a chocolate lover and seldom eat sweets.
Please advise me on a eating plan that I can follow.

Currently it's a holy month a fasting for me and I do feel it is a good time to loose but can't resist all the sweet things on the dinner table at night, PLEASE HELP. Kind Regards Lucy

Dear Lucy
Dear Unhappy
Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Your current diet is probably high in energy because of the large amounts of meat you eat at night and possibly over-use of oil. Moderation is the key.
Wishing you well over the fast.