Question
Posted by: zods | 2004/02/13

want to loose weight

hi i'm 19 years old and i hate my body.i think my weigh is 90kg and i want to loose it at lease 25kg.i've tried to use BIOSLIM last year but it didn't help.plz i wanna loose.tell me what to use?

Dear Zods
To lose weight, you need to eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy), and combine it with regular exercise (brisk walking, running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming - anything to get active). It is not really necessary to consume all kinds of pills and potions to lose weight - they just cost a lot and don't deliver the goods in the long run.

2
Posted by: Been there and done that | 2004/02/16

Medi-Shape, it works - I have lost 4 kg easily in 2 weeks. Look for them on internet

Reply to Been there and done that
Posted by: Nutrition Nut | 2004/02/13

If you want to lose fat, you need to burn fat. To burn fat (it's called lipolysis) you need to reduce your carbohydrate intake.
It's that simple.

Cut out all dense carbohydrates. That means sugar, flour, potatoes, bread, pasta, maize meal, and all things made with sugar and flour.

Eat protein rich food and good fats (not margarine!). Eat lots of vegetables - vegetables are carbs, but contain lots of nutrients, while the starchy carbs contain very few.

You don't have to starve to lose body fat. It's not the QUANTITY of what you eat that matters, it's the QUALITY.

Also, it helps to take vitamin and mineral supplements, and to exercise regularly. At least 20 minutes 3 times a week.

Ditch the Bioslim. The only thing that gets slimmer is your wallet.

If you still don't lose mass after ditching the junk carbs, then you might have a slow thyroid or some other problem, in which case, see an endocrinologist.

Reply to Nutrition Nut