Question
Posted by: Sweetie Pie | 2005/06/22

Want to know-to all the regulars and others

We have been TTC for over 18 months, been on Clomexihal, and Fertomed, I did not ovulate for a long time, on the 9th of this month my gynae confirmed that ovulation took place, but I'm not pregnant yet, got my period today, what I want to know, if I'm using clomid / Fertomed and I need to go for a scan on day 13 of my cycle, what do the gynae scan for, or what is the scan for..... Just like to know, because I want to go on day 13 to my gynae but are not sure what they test for.....

They scan to check iof there are any follicles growing, i/e when you are likely to ovulate.

1
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/06/23

They do an ultra sound to check whether there is follicals, this is the little "sacs" your eggs are produced in, he then measures the size of the follicals to make sure that they are big enough for ovulation to take place, he'll be able to see +- when ovulation might take place and suggest the best time to have intercourse.

Jessica

Reply to Jessica