Question
Posted by: xoli | 2008/02/04

want to have a baby

I'm HIV positive and want to have a baby and my husband doesnot understandthis thing of getting his sperms washed , he wants us to do it the natural way. What are the chances of having a healthy HIV negative baby.

Dear Xoli

In this situation there is no assurance or guarantee that the baby will be protected and furthermore, due to ethical reasons, I do not believe that any studies would have been conducted in a control manner in this type of situation

1
Posted by: Pumi | 2008/02/05

Hi Xoli

I have friends that are HIV positive,they planned to have a child,she knew when she was ovulating and didnt use a condom fortunately she got preg,she now has a 1year old -ve baby girl,she is healthy as ever.

Make him understand that you guys can have a negative baby.

Reply to Pumi