Question
Posted by: Sh | 2005/01/10

Want to get pregnat

My last period started on the 26 of December up until the 29 December.
On Saturday the 8 January I had unprotected sex, I need to find out what are the chances of getting pregnant.
If I'm not pregnant which dates are more likely for me to conceive.
I would really love to have a child.

You had sex at a fertile time. Your chances of pregnancy are 20% each month.
Fertility drugs all need prescriptions as they carry risks and should not be used without supervision by a doctor.

2
Posted by: Me | 2005/01/10

I am desperately trying to fall preganent and have been trying for almost a year now.

My first pregncny was extremely easy, I was pregnant within 2 weeks.

I did have a rough year where I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I am currently on Aropax which I have been on for 8 months. Is this the reason why I am stuggeling?

I have heard of a drug called Pregnol. Would I be able to take this to ensure that I fall pregnant, I really don't want the gap between my first and second to be too big. My first will be turning 2 soon.

I have been told that you can buy this over the counter at some pharmacies, and that you just need to inject yourself.

Pleaselet me know what I can do?

Reply to Me
Posted by: Golly | 2005/01/10

Sh,

It all depends on the lenght of your cycles. As you don't mention that, it is impossible to say if you could be pregnant this month. If your cycles are a fixed number of days (say 30) then you should count backwards 14 days from your next period. This is about the time of ovulation.

Thing is that the time before ovulation may vary depending on illness or stress, while the time after ovulation is a fixed 10 to 14 days. This is the lenght of time the corpus luteum (the follicle from where the egg was released) produces the hormones to sustain a fertilised egg. If the egg was not fertilised and implanted, the corpus luteum stops making the hormones and you have your period (10-14 days after ovulation).

So if you have a 30 day period, counting backwards 14 days will get you to day 16 of your cycle (day one is when your period starts). Counting back 10 days will get you to day 20. In this case your most fertile period should fall between day 16 and day 20. Best to have intercourse every second day from day 15, 17, 19 and 21. That should give you the best chance to fall pregnant.

Start by tracking your cycle lenghts and any symtomps you experience so you will be able to predict your ferrtile time and know when you have missed your period.

God luck!

Reply to Golly