Question
Posted by: Desperate Lover | 2008/05/25

Want to get pregnant b4 40yrs

Quit depo contraceptive in feb after 4yrs. I'm 39 want to get pregnant be 4 40yrs. Can some medication speed up the process?

Dear Desperate Lover
Unfortunately you need to wait for the injection to wear out of your system,and this may take between 4 and 6 months. If after 6 months you still do not get any menstruation that has started spontaneously, then there are some medications under the guidance of your doctor that can be taken to induce ovulation.

1
Posted by: Amy | 2008/05/26

Hi I am no expert but I can tell you from experience, If you had use Depo Provera for that long it's gonna take a bout 2-3 years to get your system clean. You can go and see a fertility Dr to ask for medication to built up your endometrium and release it after 28-35 days to get you into a cycle. But I only took 1 depo after child birht and it took me 6 months to start my periods regular again. There is a lot of medication available to help you but you need to see a Fertility Dr to prescribe it for you.

Reply to Amy