Question
Posted by: Helena of Troy | 2005/11/22

Want to get married.

How do you accept your b/f does not ever want to get married again.

He's happy as things are and we're perfect and life's fine so why go and mess it all up by getting married ?

What is a piece of paper ?

We are not even engaged.

He does love me and this I know for sure, 100% sure he's just been hurt so much in his first marriage that he always makes nasty remarks when he sees someone getting married.

I'd love to get married again though.

I get the argument that "what's a piece of paper ?" but of course it wasn't the piece of paper that hurt him, or caused any of the problems in his marriage. So the ABSENCE of that piece of paper won't protect him or you, or prevent problems from arising. You have drawn different conclusions from your previous experience, and more positive and fruitful ones, at that. Maybe some relationship counselling could help you to reach a more compatible view of the possibility ?