Question
Posted by: Miss K | 2004/01/21

Want to gain weight

I am 28 years old. I am 1,5 m tall an weigh 47 kg, which according to my BMI I am ok, probably 1 kg excess. I want to gain weight, ideally to weigh 50 kg, but I dont seem to get fat. I eat everything and that includes junk food. But the food seems to disappear somewhere. People say I have an over functioning metabolism. Please help

Dear Miss K
Your present BMI = 20,9 which although it is lower than your ideal BMI of 22 for which you would have to weigh 50 kg as you so rightly say, is still within the normal range of 18-25. Do a Search on this Website with 'To gain weight' to access the articles I have written about this problematic subject. You will find that you may need to eat more snacks and even include products such as Ensure or Nutren (ask at the chemist) to boost your food intake. If you are very highly strung or active, then it may help to do relaxing exercise like yoga and deep breathing.