Question
Posted by: greywolve | 2004/02/25

Want to gain mass / lose fat, please look at my prog.

Hey there,

I am 20 years old and im quite skinny (weigh about 65kg and im 1.83m tall) ive done lots of research to putting on weight, and i was actually on this program of mine last year and gained quite a bit but i got lazy , so now im starting again and hopefully will never stop :)

I was just wondering what advise you could give me on my workout and eating programmes, my goal is not to be too big, maybe about 85-90kg but i do want lots of definition and definetly a sixpack, my original goal was to put on as much weight as possible, maybe reach 90kg - 95kg, and then go 100% fat fatfree, eat less protein, and less carbs and start cardio in addition to gym in order to get the definition i want, but it seems it would make more sense to be able to put on muscle and lose fat at the same time, how would you modify my current programme to achieve this? or maybe you have a better idea :) thanks alot

Oliver

Here is my diet programme: (I mix and match these for different days but its mostly like this)

Breakfast: 4 slices of wholewheat bread, 2 vegetarian sausages (the fryes ones), lots of water, plus my multivitamin, vitamin e, and vitamin c (vital products)

Mid Morning: 4 slices of wholewheat bread, 100g of peanut butter, water

Lunch: 4 slices of wholewheat bread, 4 egg whites, water

Mid Afternoon: Woolworths fat-free choc milkshake (12g of protein) with a bowl of pasta

Supper: Whatever the mom is cooking, usually lots of veggies with plenty chicken, ostrich or fish

After Supper: Either leftover supper again, or a bowl of pasta with another fat-free choc milkshake

My workout programme:

(All exercises excluding abs and tricep dips are 4-8 reps with the heaviest weights i can lift)

Monday: Back and Biceps ( Dumbell rows ,Bentover rows, Barbell Curls, Hammer Curls, Reverse Barbell Curls)
Tuesday: Abs (Crunches, Twisted Crunches, 4 sets of 20 each)
Wednesday: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (Benchpress, Dumbell Flys, Overhead Press, Side Raises, Front Raises, Triceps Extensions, Bench Dips)
Thursday: Abs (Crunches, Leg Raises, Bridges)
Friday: Legs (Squats, Lunges, Deadlifts, Calves)
Saturday: Abs (Crunches., Leg Raises, Twisted Crunches)

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Greywolve,

Your eating plan contains too little protein for my liking. Also, you're eating too much other foods that may not help you in gaining mass. Bear in mind, however, that you seem to be a "Hard-Gainer." You'll have to go and see a dietician to help you with that.

Your trianing program is funny, not sufficient at all. Give me your e-mail address in the form of a new posting and I'll mail you a program.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

4
Posted by: greywolve | 2004/03/01

how do i manage that without shakes? :/

Reply to greywolve
Posted by: greywolve | 2004/03/01

how do i manage that without shakes? :/

Reply to greywolve
Posted by: bloubul | 2004/03/01

I have read a bit about Anthony's programme, but I still agree with Conrad that you require more protein. You should be aiming towards 200 - 240g protein per day. Total calories should be around 2400 calories per day.

Reply to bloubul
Posted by: greywolve | 2004/02/29

greywolve@imaginet.co.za

its actually part of anthony ellis's programme and im getting 140+ grams of protein per day , i check the labels :)
(he gained 15kg in 12 weeks)

but id like to see your programme thanks, oliver

Reply to greywolve