Question
Posted by: ANGE | 2008/01/09

Want a smaller tummy

Please i need your help, i used to be underweight before, because at 25 i weight 45kg and i am very skinning so i try adding 5kg to it because of my wedding, but i realize that i was getting big stomach in the process of adding more weight. I tried doing 30 sit-ups at night before going to bed, but it did not make any different. Please what can i do to have a flat tummy? because i hate a big tummy.

Hi Ange

The key is that as you put on weight through diet, you have to train as well, so that you can "control" the distribution of the weight and also the composition - it's never a good thing to increase body fat levels (well, it can be, but not unless you are very unhealthy to begin with), so what you want is to increase lean mass as well as body weight. That means exercise. Now, your situps are one thing, but I would also suggest you look into some other forms of exercise, preferably some cardio, like cycling, taebo, spinning etc, and also some weight training in the gym. If you do that, then you'll find that you increase your weight, without getting "Fatter", which is desirable. But also, just bear in mind that coming from 45kg, any increase in mass will seem like a large one, but don't panic, because you're heading towards "normal". But try to combine exercise and get to a gym if you can!

3
Posted by: Patsy | 2009/02/03

have not excercised after my babies.
need to loose some flab on my tummy-

Reply to Patsy
Posted by: KJSA | 2008/01/11

Have you tried out Kangoo Jumps as an alternative....
www kangoojumps co za

Reply to KJSA
Posted by: tooks | 2008/01/11

Yeah please someone out there advise as I am having the same problem

Reply to tooks