Question
Posted by: Rhane | 2007/05/28

Want a baby?

I have been without the pill for the last three months. The 1st month after I stopped using the pill my period was normal. The second month, it was +/- 2weeks late. I'm in the 3rd month now, and still did not get my peroid. I had a pregnancy test done, but negative. When should I consult a doctor? My husband and I really want to be pregnant! Or how could I enhance my chances of falling pregnant?

Dear Rhane

The altered menstrual pattern following a pill is simply a reflection of an underlying hormonal imbalance which has now become manifest since stopping the pill. You should see a gynaecologist as soon as possible since this may be the first sign of ovulatory dysfunction and a condition called Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). However it should also be noted that by definition infertility is the failure to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse. I would therefore recommend that you do not become desperate at this stage but certainly seek assistance to correct the ovulatory or hormonal imbalance.

1
Posted by: ollyn | 2007/05/29

Hi there.
I am currently not on any pill or injection and have been for five years. Had two miscarriages. Do I have a problem and when does one ovulate?

Reply to ollyn