Question
Posted by: ??? | 2007/04/26

want a baby

hi there

3rd time lucky. i would like to know. i was on depo-provera for 2 years and has now left it 7 months ago. i have been informed that it takes 6 months to a year to work out of them system. i would like to know: i am ovulating, is that fine to fall pregnant, or does my period have to return first?

really hope u can help me...

Dear ???

In most cases ovulation precedes menstruation and therefore it is possible although be it very rare to conceive without having seen a return of a period. However as a result of the depo the return to ovulation is variable and unpredictable. In some cases it would be necessary to start ovulation induction using tablets such as clomid, fertimed etcetera or even the use of injectables may be necessary to induce ovulation.