Posted by: charnelle | 2007/05/09

wanna know

It is for many years that I have this burning issue that I don't feel comfortable in my gender as male. I don't know of any person I can discuss this with. I want proffessional advice about hormones and my feelings.

Please advice me

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTransgender advisor

Depending where in the country you are, assuming you are from South Africa, there are various options to follow regarding a professional person. For consultation about hormones you can go to an endocrinologist or you’re GP, depending on where you are and if you’re GP has experience in transgender health. If you live far off, and don't have a variety of doctors to choose from, you can request your doctor to visit the following sites for more info: or also:

You can also visit the Southern Africa Sexual Health Association at or you can visit

If you want to give indications of the area you live in I might be able to point you more directly.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.