Question
Posted by: zac | 2005/11/28

wanna gain

i need advise on how to gain a few k's. i know most people probably wanna klap me for complaining about being thin, but i only wanna pick up about 10. I'm 1.77m and weigh 65kg I have a fast metabolism, i think. i work late almost every night, so i eat junk food almost every night. And i don't spend time on my health anymore. I also smoke.

I'm going to hit the gym again in december.
Any advise on what to eat, what not to eat, how much at a time, how many meals a day, etc?

And if i do gain and i leave the diet, do i risk losing the weight again?

Dear Zac
Your present BMI = 20,8 which is not too low. I would suggest that you stop smoking, stop eating junk food and start doing regualr exercise. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. I have also consulted with a representative of Fresenius Kabi, a company that have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone them on (011) 203-2000 or 083-603-2231 and ask about this and other Nutritional Supplements. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals.