Posted by: Holly | 2008/09/09

Wanking in his sleep

My boyfriend will be fast asleep, and he will masturbate - he does not ejaculate though. The movement of the bed wakes me up. It is not because he is not getting enough sex, he gets more than most men (at least once a day). He says he does not know why he does it and has no memoary of it when I wake him up. What can be the cause please?

Holly, I must admit I had to do a little investigation before responding as this is something I have never worked with. Apparently there are some people who do engage in sexual behaviours during their sleep, and that this is a relatively rare phenomenon, and there certainly is not much information available on it. Here are two websites that I found particularly interesting - perhaps you could read up more about it...

Posted by: Sleep sex expert. | 2016/05/25

Hi. Just to clarify, your husband is not lying or pretending he is asleep. This is actually very common among men. There are a number of reasons from this which I will list. 1) stress. Stress can be a common factor within sleep sex, the body attempts to release endorphins which are solely created by an orgasm. 2) sexual frustration. Men are horny all the time. Your husband may get plenty of sex to which he feels satisfied, however his body or brain may wanot to experience this again thus he would dream and master bate in his sleep. These are just two very common factors. You should not feel aweful about this, as many men masterbate in their sleep, it is predominantly a male thing to do, men get erect during the night due to the penis stopping the man wetting himself. So please don't feel aweful he is not masturbsting because of you.

Reply to Sleep sex expert.
Posted by: Thank you | 2008/09/11

gosh finally someone has the same experience as me. I would also often find my husband doing it whilst he is fast asleeep. I will have to look at the web site.

Reply to Thank you
Posted by: Holly | 2008/09/10

This troubles me very much. I just do not know why he does this, and it makes me feel awful. Please can the sexologist reply? I need to know what we can do about this to stop it. I don' t mind if the does wank, I know if it normal, but not in bed next to me - when I am always willing. It is as if he does not want me...

Reply to Holly
Posted by: Master B. | 2008/09/09

Sounds fishy to me. Quite frankly, I don' t think he' s asleep. It' s my opinion that he enjoys doing it becuase he knows your lying right next to him. I think he likes the excitement of trying to do it without getting caught by you. If you catch him doing it he just has to say "  I don' t remember doing that, I must have been asleep."  By the way, even guys with wives and girlfriends still masterbate no matter how much sex they get. It' s a guy thing. Hell, there' s been times where I' ve wacked off 3-5 times in one day. Just bored I guess.

Reply to Master B.
Posted by: man | 2008/09/09

i think he is lying that he cannot remember,he must be enjoying what he is doing..

Reply to man