Question
Posted by: snehra1 | 2007/03/06

Wana to loose weight

I am 25 years old 117lbs weight.I want to loose my weight for that i am losing 400 calories by working out in jim from mon-fri i.e 5 days and eating around 1400 calories it includes 200 calories from sweets.I am taking dinner at 9PM.And working out in jim in morning 10am.I am not eating anything before going to jim and i am quiting breakfast and takes lunch directly at 12pm i.e 2 hours after excersing.
I want to know if there is any query in this process or not and 300 caloires that i am taking by eating sweets i should avoid it or may i continue.

Dear Snehra1
I don't think that it is a good idea for you to have 200 cal from sweets when you are supposed to be on a slimming diet. The fact that you also skip meals, including the most important meal of the day (breakfast) and do exercise on an empty stomach after an overnight fast when your blood sugar is at a very low level, are all indications that your diet and weight loss regimen are not balanced. Please try and consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to work out a proper diet prescription for you. Keep up the good work with the exercise, but do see that dietitian.