Question
Posted by: Worried Mother | 2006/10/27

WALKING PROBLEM

I have a 1 year ten months old baby. He was born a prem, 6 months and 3 weeks. He started teething after year old. He can move his legs but cannot walk. I consulted a doctor, who did a cat-scan but could not find anything. Physically he looks OK. Do you have an idea what might be the problem?

Thank you.
Worried Mother

Expert ImageArchive

Hallo Worried Mother
Yes, it sometimes happen that prems present with problems later on. I would suggest that you take you boy for a full assessment to an early intervention clinic where a physio, occupational therapist, medical doctor, etc is involved in the assesment to determine the problem. He may have low muscle tone and this is treatable with the right kind of therapy.
Welma