Posted by: Lesy12 | 2007/06/18

Walking away

Hi Doc,
I have been in relationship for 7years, even have kids with the man. I am now starting to realise that he is no longer my friend we have nothing to talk about each time we meet. The sex is dull as well. I am starting to enjoy my friends' company than his, he has terrible mood swings. He behaves like he doesn't care, do you think its my que to walk away? I have tried talking but it doesn't seem to work. Is it worth seeking professional help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

IS this how it has always been ( eg, you never had much to talk about, but its only now started troubling you ) ? Or is this a recent change --- in which case the question becomes what else has changed that could be associated with this deterioration in the relationship ? Is it related to his mood swings, and should he perhaps see a shrink for assessment, as some types of mood swings can be helped by treatment ? If he is willing to participate sincerely, relationship counselling would be worth trying, before deciding whether there is no hope of improvement

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.