Question
Posted by: Bummer | 2006/07/30

Walking

When I cycle I am fine BUT when I walk my right upper leg at the hip and bum get very lame /sore with the result I have to stop for 1` minute to recover and then walk further. It happen after +- 100 meters and going up hill is much worse.
Plse advise

Dear Bummer
You may need a x/ray of your lower back as you may have a slipped disc or pinched Ischiadic nerve. You also get a condition where the muscles of the buttocks actually compresses the nerve. A good physiotherapist or biokineticist will be able to evaluate this for you, or your doctor can refer you to an orthopod.

1
Posted by: anon | 2006/07/30

Do you stretch your hamstrings, quads? Could be ITB...either your walking/running shoes/visit a physio who will give you stretches to loosen up. You may also have one leg slightly longer than the other, visit a podiatrist.

Reply to anon