Posted by: Bummer | 2006/07/30


When I cycle I am fine BUT when I walk my right upper leg at the hip and bum get very lame /sore with the result I have to stop for 1` minute to recover and then walk further. It happen after +- 100 meters and going up hill is much worse.
Plse advise

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Bummer
You may need a x/ray of your lower back as you may have a slipped disc or pinched Ischiadic nerve. You also get a condition where the muscles of the buttocks actually compresses the nerve. A good physiotherapist or biokineticist will be able to evaluate this for you, or your doctor can refer you to an orthopod.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2006/07/30

Do you stretch your hamstrings, quads? Could be ITB...either your walking/running shoes/visit a physio who will give you stretches to loosen up. You may also have one leg slightly longer than the other, visit a podiatrist.

Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.