Question
Posted by: Walker | 2005/06/19

Walking

I walk for no less than a 20 minute speed walk every day, sometimes up to an hour and always uphill. I also do extra expercises often, yet I'm still mostly fat!!! I'v been walking like this for 2 years. Why have I not gained any muscle? I have A LOT of excess weight around my bum and upper thighs.

Hi there walker

Your failure to achieve could be related to a number of things, though the most likely by far is diet. Exercise without diet is relatively meaningless, and from your description, your exercise is good - you seem to walk often enough, probably fast enough and on average, long enough, and so the only thing that I can think of is that perhaps your diet is not very good. It also depends on your current weight, body composition, which I don't know, but I suspect that diet will make a difference. For this, my advice is that you see a dietician for personalized help.