Question
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/04/02

waaaaah

last monday i had a growth near my liver biopsied. it was a very unpleasant procedure and i am still bruised from it. the doc phoned me on friday to say they did not get the right spot and now i have to get it re done tomorrow. (using MRi) waaaaaah!!!!! i have never seen such a huge needle. i asked for a general anaesthetic but they recon they cant because i have to deflate my lungs while they insert the needle (several times)

Dear Bleeding
Shame - I know this is terrible! We Doctors can be so "blasè" when doing these things but I know this is very sore - the bleeding can be "normal" as the liver is an organ with lots of blood vessels. ( they usually test your clotting before doing this) I am sure you can ask for a sedative to just take the edge off as I would also be quite tensed up to go again so soon! Thinking of you, and I really hope that it will be over soon and that they will nick the right spot this time! Let me know how it went?

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/02

Oh my shame! That really sounds terrible. You really are having a rough time. Hope they get it right tomorrow. Let us know what happens.

Reply to anxious