Posted by: Worried | 2008/07/31

Vulvar/Labium Cancer

Hi guys,

My sister saw a doctor on Monday after complaining about an itshing spot on her labium, the dr immediately started counselling her on cancer and sent her on urgent tests, she' s getting her results tomorrow and I' m worried. She was once infected with warts in 1995-96 but got treatment and was never exposed to any STI, we now that there' s no real cure for warts but do you think it could have been that prev infection? I read a lot about it on certain sites and one of the causes other than menopause is previous HPV infection? She is 38 yrs. Kindly help me with any information.

Thank you.

Dear Worried
It is unlikely due to warts, these skin growths sometimes just happen and is often treatable if caught early. Let me know what the results say, and I will try to provide you with more info?