Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2007/03/02

V.S. Tonic XXXXX

A friend gave me this Tonic, i would just like to know what it is. Ive heard its a diet mixture and could be bad for you. iS this true?

Dear Anonymous
I must admit that I have never heard of VS Tonic XXXXX! If the tonic lists its ingredients and you see ingredients like ephedrine, pseudo-epinephrine or synephrine, then please keep in mind that these compounds can cause a long list of negative side-effects (dependence, addiction, tremors, insomnia, palpitations, irritability, psychotic reactions, etc). These products have been banned in many countries because of their negative side-effects, which include addiction and dependence. It is really not worth your while to take such a potentially dangerous tonic when you could lose weight by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
Be careful