Posted by: Cherry | 2008/07/07

Vomitting, runny tummy, not sleeping

Last week my 13 month old vomitted twice, once in the night and the next day (only once though). I didn't think anything, I though maybe she ate too much.

Over the weekend she's had a runny tummy and she vomitted twice yesterday and does not seem very interested in food much. For the last week she's hasn't been sleeping well either.

Last night was a disaster, she was up every 1/2 hour. I just don't know what to do for her. I checked everything her nappy was dry, I gave her a bottle, but it seems as though she is wanting another one come early morning around 2am. Everytime her dummy falls out she's awake.

She does not have a fever, and she is her normal self during the day. Could this perhaps be teething as she has 7 teeth at the moment?

What can I give her to help her sleep? She also seems to have stuffy nose at night time and I use the humidifier but that doesn't help.

Please help???

Hi Cherry
It could be teeth - especially if the stool smells sour but does not stink ( then it could be infection). They can also vomit from phlegm running down their throat when they have a post nasal drip. If she is not feverish, and the diarrhoea is only now and then, just ensure that she drinks lots of fluid, you can try Emetrol 5 ml every 4 hours for nausea. Stopayne syrup or Ponstan should help if she has pain from cutting teeth. You can try pediatric illiadin nose spray at night - not longer than 5 days though.