advertisement
Question
Posted by: Martin | 2003/12/08

Vomiting basset puppy

I have a 7 month old basset puppy who ate some parrafin fire lighters that she got hold of after a braai. She now doesn't want to eat and repeatedly vomits. Anythng I can do as a home remedy ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberVet

The paraffin can cause severe burning of the oesophagus and intestinal tract, to a very dangerous degree. There is no particular home remedy, and if she is not keeping adequate amount of food and fluid down she must definitely be examined and helped by a veterinarian. Also, if she ate firelighters, she may have also eaten whatever else, that could get stuck in the oesophagus or stomach. Again, you will need your vet to help. If she doesn't take adequate amount of fluid and food very soon, she may get very sick.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement