Question
Posted by: JOHN | 2004/01/18

VITIMIN INTAKE

46 YEAR OLD MALE. I TAKE MULITIVITIMINS AS WELL AS CALCUIM TABS ,VIT C , BOB MARTIN TABS AND LINSEED OIL.
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE RECOMMEDED DAILY DOSAGES AND IF THESE DOSAGES ARE EXCEEDED ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS. I WAS INFORMED THAT THE BOB MARTINS WERE GOOD FOR GOUT. I DO SUFFER WITH JOINT PAINS AND MUSCLE PAINS AND MY URIC ACID IS 4.6 WHICH I BELIEVE IS VERY HIGH. MY ALCHOL INTAKE IS TWO BEERS A WEEK, IF THAT.PLEASE RECOMMEND DAIL VITIMIN INTAKE.
THANK YOU

John, if there is nothing wrong with you, you don’t have to take truckloads full of vitamins – one multivitamin like Centrum™ should do the trick. Taking too much may be dangerous especially if you’re playing around with veterinary drugs. If you’re interested in something I wrote about the dangers of taking too many vitamins, e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.