Question
Posted by: Esme | 2005/12/07

vitamins to aide in conceiving?!

Hello..

I have been told by numerous friends, colleagues, nurses, doctors that Magnesium and folic acid aides in falling pregnant can you confirm this?

I also heard that herbal teas etc aid in healing reproductive organs!

Dear Esme

To some extent magnesium and folic acid is important as adjuncts to other fertility treatments. However, as has been mentioned in previous postings, the use of vitamins and mineral supplements are only helpful in patients who have poor nutritional status. In those individuals with a healthy balanced diet, there is no need for additonal supplementation.