Question
Posted by: mum2b | 2004/01/14

Vitamins during pregnancy

I am almost 17 weeks. I would like to start taking Pregnavit M - I did not take them during the first trimester as my gynae mentioned that sometimes these vitamins can have an adverse impact on the developing feotus. I am currently taking Eltroxin for an underactive thyroid and I have also been taking folic acid for the last four months.

My first question, Is it safe to take Pregnavit as well as Eltroxin.

Do I still need to take folic acid or is there sufficient amount in Pregnavit. I am also a complete vegetarian for the last 11 years.

Many Thanks
Mum2b

It is safe to use Pregnavit and Eltoxin. There is enough folate in Pregnavit M. You do not need to take any extra.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/31

Hi I'm 4 weeks pregnant iv stated taking pregnavit m but I had a miscarriage lkast year decemberis pregnavit m safe?

Posted by: www | 2004/01/14

I started taking Pregnavit M (after discussing with my gynae) at 8 weeks and kept taking them until I stopped breastfeeding. When taking pragnavit you don't need additional folate, because it contains enough, like Kippie also mentioned.
I have no idea what Eltroxin is, but discuss any concerns about medication/vitamins with your doctor as well.

Reply to www
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/01/14

Hi Mum2b
Looks like we are in the same boat concerning the thyroid problems.
I have taken folic acid alone 4 months prior to my pregnancy and up to 11 weeks. Thereafter doc prescribed Pregnavit M and told me not to take the folic acid as the Pregnavit has folic acid in it.
I am cronically using diotroxin and was advised to use this right through my pregnancy at the dosage established before pregnancy, as I had a miscarriage in 2000 which doc suspects was caused by my thyroid and not taking my diotroxin.
So keep on taking them, but discuss it with your doc.

I am now 19 weeks preggies!!

Reply to Kippie