Question
Posted by: Rene | 2004/12/10

Vitamins - Alzheimer

Dear Dr

My mom in law is in the early stage of Alheimers or Dementia . We have taken her to a Neurologist that confirmed the posibility of Alzheimers or Dementia. The drugs for Alheimers did not have much effect. I now give her Vital Vitamine E 2 x 400ug and Vital Maxi B everyday. Should this be sufficient. She does not eat very well, can I give her to much of the Vitamis. ?

Rene

Dear Rene
I am so sorry to hear that you dear Mom has Alzheimers. If you are only giving her B vitamins you will not encounter problems. It is the fat-soluble vitamins A and D that are stored in the body that can cause toxicity. If your Mom is eating poorly then it may be a good idea to also give her nutritional meal supplements like Ensure or phone Magda of Fresenius Kabi on (011) 203-2000 or 083-603-2231 and ask her about appropriate Nutritional Supplements.

1
Posted by: Rene | 2004/12/14

Thank you for your answer.

Reply to Rene