Posted by: Esmeralda | 2007/12/02


What is a good combination of a vitamin/mineral supplement? My doctor suggested that I take this. I am a 39 year old female. I bought Emvit M but it said that people that is allergic to iodine should not take this. How will I know whether I am allergic or not?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Esmeralda
True Iodene allergy is very rare, but if you are allergic to shellfish or fish (get a rash/nausea/shortness of breath/swollen lips or tongue when you eat seafood), you may be sensitive to iodene. A good supplement is Pharmaton ( a bit expensive), but Emvit, Centrum, Clusivol or the Vital products are also fine to use. If you have been using Iodene containing salt without complications you probably won't have any side effects from the vitamins.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.