Question
Posted by: Esmeralda | 2007/12/02

Vitamins??

What is a good combination of a vitamin/mineral supplement? My doctor suggested that I take this. I am a 39 year old female. I bought Emvit M but it said that people that is allergic to iodine should not take this. How will I know whether I am allergic or not?

Dear Esmeralda
True Iodene allergy is very rare, but if you are allergic to shellfish or fish (get a rash/nausea/shortness of breath/swollen lips or tongue when you eat seafood), you may be sensitive to iodene. A good supplement is Pharmaton ( a bit expensive), but Emvit, Centrum, Clusivol or the Vital products are also fine to use. If you have been using Iodene containing salt without complications you probably won't have any side effects from the vitamins.