Question
Posted by: JC | 2007/03/05

Vitamins

I currently take the following vitamins on a daily basis:

Vitamin B Stress Complex
Omega3
Calcium/magnesium
Vitamin C

Is there a multi vitamin tablet that contains all of these to save me having to swallow so many tablets?

Dear JC
Yes, you can take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement (calcium and magnesium are minerals, not vitamins), such as Centrum or Supradyn Forte, but the omega-3 (which is again an essential fatty acid and not a vitamin) will have to be taken separately. In addition you may need to take extra calcium if your diet is not high in this mineral (e.g. it takes 3 cups of milk a day to provide the 1000 mg of calcium required by adults) and the multivitamin and mineral supplements usually don't contain more than a few 100 mg of calcium at a time.