Question
Posted by: Becky | 2007/05/15

Vitamin Supplements

Hi DietDoc
Could you suggest a good vitamin c supplement. Is calc vita okay?
Also a good all round vitamin supplement (vegetarian, dairy is fine)
Problem is most vitamin supplements make me constipated. Is there a way to avoid this? You might remember from a previous post that my diet isn't the greatest at the moment (which should hopefully change soon) but for the meantime i just want to make sure i get enough of everything as my immune system is quite low from recently starting to excersise.
Thanks for your input, it is always much appreciated

Dear Becky
Yes, I remember your posting and hope that you are changing to a nice varied diet. I would recommend a combined vitamin and mineral supplement such as Supradyn Forte or Centrum because most of these micronutrients work best when taken in combination with each other. Cal-C-Vita is fine, but it does help to include the whole spectrum of vitamins and minerals.
I hope that you soon eat better and also feel better.